The Learn to Figure Skate/Super Skaters program follows the curriculum guidelines established by U.S. Figure Skating. The Learn to Skate USA program was created to be the best beginning ice-skating program in the world. Whether a skater hopes to achieve Olympic dreams or enjoy the recreational benefits
Levels from Snowplow Sam to Free Skate, ages 3 to adult. Click here for registration forms. You may join classes at any time for a prorated fee! Click here for tips on what to wear. Click here to visit our Facebook page for up to date information.
For Learn To Skate USA Cirriculum, click the following links below:
Basic 1 through 6
Pre Free Skate Through Free Skate 6
Membership In Learn To Figure Skate Classes Includes:
- US Figure Skating Basic Skills Membership
- Basic Skills edition of Skating Magazine
- A record book to keep track of skills
- Badges for levels passed
- Sport accident insurance
- The opportunity to compete at any of 17 Michigan Basic Skills Competitions throughout the year including Flint Iceland's on May 7th, 2017
- The opportunity to perform in our annual ice show on June 4th, 2017
All classes are run by coaches and members of the Iceland Competitive Edge Figure Skating Club. The club is headquartered at Flint Iceland Arenas, and is home to the 2016 High School National Championship team, regional medalists, and 3 gold medalists in the Michigan Basic Skills Series.